Grading & Honors
Overall evaluation of each student is based on teacher observation of the student’s daily work, class participation, effort, and performance on teacher prepared tests. Summative assessments include projects, portfolios, quizzes, and tests.
The purpose of report cards is to present to parents/guardians an assessment of their child’s achievement in his/her academic studies. Report cards are issued three times a year at the conclusion of each trimester.
Grades K – 2 use the letters M, P and NI to indicate a student’s level at each particular skill
- M: Meets Grade Level Standards – Child consistently meets skills
- P: Progressing Towards Grade Level Standards – Child is in process of developing skill
- NI: Needs Improvement – Child is not demonstrating skill
Grades 3 – 8 use numeric (percentage) grades for academic subjects. In addition, report cards for grades 3 – 8 include indicators for effort, specials classes and personal development. These are evaluated as follows:
- 3: Very Good
- 2: Satisfactory/Good
- 1: Needs Improvement
- X: Unsatisfactory
Honor Roll and other Recognitions
Saint Ann Catholic School is very proud of its high standards.
Students in grades 6-8 are eligible for the Honor Roll every trimester providing they meet the following requirements:
- First Honors: 96% -100% in all academic subjects; all Specials subjects, Personal Development and Effort grades no lower than a 2.
- Second Honors: 90% – 95% in all academic subjects; all Specials subjects, Personal Development and Effort grades no lower than a 2.