The Saint Ann PTO has a long tradition of sponsoring vibrant events and fundraisers that supplement the education of our children and help connect parents, school administration, and faculty.
Annually, the PTO hosts activities to foster school spirit and fellowship between students and families in grades PreK 3 – Grade 8 such as:
- Pot luck dinners, picnics and Back to School PreK and kindergarten playdates
- Pep rallies to support our CYO basketball teams
- Spring Variety Show
- General meetings with interesting speakers and timely public screenings of films such as Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age
The PTO organizes fundraising activities such as:
- The Used Book Sale
- Bake sales, restaurant nights, a car raffle
- On-going grocery card and Box Tops programs
- A popular parent-only Spring Fling that supports teacher development and continuing education
Our school’s largest PTO-organized fundraiser of the year is the Fall Festival. These funds go directly into the school’s operations – benefiting teachers, students and staff. This year we raised almost $50,000 while having a great time. The festival is a family-friendly day full of fun, including a Fun Run, rides, food, a live and silent auction, a beer garden, cake walk, raffles and so much more!
In addition the PTO:
- Organizes volunteer manpower for activities and operations, such as Field Day, school pizza lunch, Chick-Fil-A lunch programs and after school student enrichment classes.
- Works to ensure the faculty and staff are fully appreciated by providing coffee and snacks year-round in the teacher lounge. The PTO arranges lunches for teachers and staff during Parent-Teacher Conferences, Christmas, Catholic Schools Week and others special occasions.
- Promotes our school and Catholic identity by teaching our students the importance of helping others through Lenten Sandwich Making. Every Thursday during Lent, two grades work together after school to make hundreds of sandwiches for local homeless shelters.
All of these events are wonderful ways for Saint Ann Catholic School families to enrich our school experience. They truly mold us into a strong and nurturing community that believes, achieves, and inspires.
If you have questions or would like to get involved, please contact Jessica Porter, VP of Operations at email@example.com.
2020-2021 PTO Board Members:
President – Kate Perryman
Vice President of Operations – Jessica Porter
Vice President of Fundraising – Erika Hagan
Secretary – MaryAnne Sapio-Groharing
Treasurer – Trish Ward
Communications Chair – Meghan Zawadzki
Room Parent Coordinators – Ingrid Franco & Donna Pizzi
Hospitality Chairs – Emily Peterson & Melissa Teran
School Events – Shannon Willenbucher
School Operations – Oriana MacGregor
PreK Liaison – Sarah Donovan
Bake Sale Coordinator – Lina Cagossi & Susan Duarte
Sign Up Genius Coordinator – Nancy Cribb
President Emeritus – Kristin Garesche
Faculty Representative – Madeleine Brooks-Kenney & Veronica Lippert
Administration Representative – Marie Scheessele
Principal – Mary Therrell